senior electrical design drafter
At Waterline, we’re driven to deliver on our purpose of partnering with Australian Industry to provide safe and sustainable resources to the world. While our Engineering company is based in Brisbane, we provide engineering services to Australian Industry along the east coast. Our vibrant office space encourages collaboration across disciplines and support teams, while providing an environment that will inspire you to perform at your best, as we focus on delivering on our Waterline purpose.
Our clients trust our site-experienced team and RPEQ Engineers to keep their teams supported and safe, 24/7. Having been in our clients’ boots ourselves, our clients know they can depend on us to provide pragmatic solutions that deliver positive outcomes for their operation.
The role + difference you’ll make
Waterline has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Electrical Design Drafter with demonstrated mining, heavy industry and industrial experience to join our team at our Brisbane Headquarters.
Joining our energetic multi-discipline team, you will work across all project phases from studies, through to detailed engineering and execution. As a talented Senior Electrical Design Drafter, you will be primarily working across the mining sector including underground and open cut mines, minerals processing facilities, ports and mining support infrastructure. You will also have the opportunity to work on projects across general industrial facilities, refineries, sugar mills, water, wastewater installations and renewable energy projects.
- Minimum of 5 years+ experience in design drafting for mining / industrial related projects—essential
- Ability to develop concept designs from start with minimum supervision, ensuring innovation and safety is at the forefront of all early discussions
- A team player who collaborates with stakeholders and enjoys developing engineering solutions in a team environment, drawing on knowledge from known technologies and innovative designs
- Ability to prepare electrical drawings that are compliant to clients’ specifications and relevant codes and regulations, under the supervision of the Lead Designer and relevant Electrical Engineers. Drawings would include panel layouts, electrical schematics, single lines, cable schedules and parts lists, etc
- Ability to identify and take action to mitigate risk in electrical design
- Complete quality checks and procedures
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate timely and accurate job execution and recommend improvements
- High attention to detail and you take pride in your work. You review and verify accuracy, adequacy and presentation of work to ensure it is delivered to a high standard
- You continuously build your knowledge and keep up to date with technical and procedural aspects of the role
- Able to work autonomously
- Well-developed communication skills, with the ability to make clear and precise decisions
- Recognised qualification (eg, Associate Diploma, Associate Degree, Bachelor of Engineering Technology, or equivalent) or Licenced Electrical Trade, with minimum 5 years’ relevant industry experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD or MicroStation
- A strong understanding of relevant Australian Standards
- Experience with client standards and specifications and ability to interpret and incorporate requirements
- Have experience with projects from conceptual design through to detailed engineering
- We’ll provide you with challenging and exciting multi-discipline engineering projects to work on
- We’ll provide you with a workplace that is respectful, inclusive and committed to supporting our people and inspires you to perform at your best
- We’ll help you be healthy with fresh fruit and mental health support
- We’ll invite you to plenty of social activities to connect with your colleagues
- We are growing and want our talented team to grow their careers with us, so we’ll work with you to see how we can support your growth
SOUND LIKE YOU?
If you are interested becoming a part our multi-discipline team, please apply below, with your cover letter outlining why you think you would be a good fit for the advertised role and an up-to-date CV.