Senior Electrical Designer
Using industry experience based on specialised field to create designs and detail documentation for the purpose of communication for a range of purposes. This requires the person to have a high level of technical knowledge to be able to provide these services.
Depending on the project this may require site visits for auditing of drawings and site dimensions.
DESIGN + DRAFTING
- Perform redline mark ups and redraws as provided via client
- Offering knowledge and creating designs based on technical knowledge
- Mentor Junior Drafts people
- High level of drafting documentation
- Ability to follow standards and templates
Regular involvement in all aspects of business development including:
- Attending client meetings and taking briefs to build project scopes that meet client needs
- Interaction with clients and other business stakeholders (account management), especially the closeout and verification of project success using data focussed metrics
- Maintaining relationships internal and external
- Meet with clients to determine project scope requirements and track project progress, to be able to realise true project benefits
- Managing existing relationships
- Site visits when required
As well as any other tasks or duties for which you may have the skill, knowledge and/or training that is required of you from time to time.
- Certificate 3 in Drafting or Diploma of Engineering
- Appropriate experience in required field
- Fabrication experience
- 5+ years in similar role.
- High level of design
- Software knowledge including 3D analysis software SpaceGass and / or Strand 7; Microsoft Office Suite; programming ability in MS Excel; knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated project engineering or project management skills
- Strong discipline and time management skills
- Technical ability to manage and coordinate multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Deliver results under pressure
- Learn about our clients’ businesses and markets so you:
– Understand our clients core business outcomes.
– (2) Understand how to present Waterline to our clients in a relevant context.
Skills + Abilities
- Demonstrate high levels of organisation, planned and attention to detail
- High level of report writing and presentation skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to interpret Legislation, Acts and Codes
- Demonstrate high levels of both written and verbal Communication skills
- Demonstrate high levels of skill in electronic media including the Microsoft suite of programmes
- Demonstrated skills in coaching and mentoring
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in high pressure and competing priority/ambiguous environments and meet key deadlines and milestones
- Intellect coupled with motivation, drive and efficiency
- Manage + build positive relationships (Internal and External)
- Act decisively, honestly and with integrity at all times
- Respect the values and diversity of others
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to tasks
Excellent interpersonal, cooperative and facilitation skills as part of interfacing with various level of management and external bodies and agencies.
- Provide advice and support across the business relevant to your professional area
- Actively investigate enhancements to standards, procedures and processes in area of expertise that achieves improvements in safety, reliability, performance, job satisfaction and productivity
- Maintain knowledge of best practice within field of expertise, share interesting and useful information across the business, as appropriate
- Develop the understanding of others to support and implement engineering improvements and maintain a practical knowledge of the work environment to which engineering support is provided
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with external stakeholders
- Participate in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of Sustainable Development (SD) Management Systems within your area of responsibility and comply with SD procedures
Demonstrate our culture, values, and brand promise at all times
Articulate the benefits of our culture, values, and brand promise to other team members and our clients as a competitive advantage
Maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Set high standards of teamwork
Contribute positively at internal and external meetings
Share information openly
Maintain and update knowledge of new innovations and initiatives in stakeholder management field
Take ownership, accountability and responsibility of your work, WL culture, WL business goals and KPI’s
NOT ACCEPTABLE IN THIS ROLE
Poor attention to detail
Poor communication with clients
Inability to follow instructions
SOUND LIKE YOU?
If you are interested becoming a part our multi-discipline team, please apply below, with your cover letter outlining why you think you would be a good fit for the advertised role and an up-to-date CV.